Nina Sljivo, Copywriter, Flawless By Friday
I started my internship almost a month ago and I walked in thinking I had an ample amount of knowledge on beauty care. W-r-o-n-g. I don’t know s***! The girls in the office are beauty know-it-alls - and I mean that in the kindest of ways. If you’re at all into beauty, this is the kind of group you want to be around. I have learned more from them in this little while than I have since I first started experimenting with make-up at a very young age. So, I’m going let you all in on 5 juicy beauty tips they’ve given me…but only 5, because I’m selfish.
- Derma Rolling. I had never heard of this until they brought it up. So naturally I asked three million questions and then went online and bought one - impulse buyer much? Derma rolling is a fantastic tool for anyone struggling with acne scarring, pigmentation and skin texture - among other things, like wrinkles and fine lines. These tiny little needles puncture your skin as you roll over top of it. This tricks your skin into thinking its being harmed, causing it to rapidly produce collagen, which as a result restores and rejuvenates your skin. I could go on and on about this but I have 4 other things so cover. So, just try it. P.S. Do not roll over active acne. I mean, unless you want the acne to spread (I learned the hard way).
- Flawless By Fridays Booster Serum. Most amazing serum for spot treatment and a million other things. Every single girl in the office (including myself) swears by it. One tiny drop on the blemish is all you need. By the end of the day you’ll notice a difference in the appearance of the blemish. Its powerful and magical - so only use it on your entire face every couple of days.
- Pimple Stickers. A really neat little product and different from anything I’ve ever seen. They come in different sizes (depending on the size of the pimple) and are see-through so they can match your skin tone. Here's the thing, even if they aren't the most effective in clearing up your blemish, I would still use them before a big event. Cover the blemish up with the sticker to smoothen the area and then put make-up on over the sticker - this is just my personal preference!
- Eyelash Lifting & Tinting. Uhh, like what? Legit had never heard of this ever. As far as eyelashes go, my knowledge circled around extensions and glue-on. This treatment is like a little perm for your eyelashes where they’re lifted to curved perfection and darkened to create a fuller set of lashes. It can last anywhere from 8-12 weeks and here’s the best part, you don’t have to worry about them falling out, growing out or pulling them out because they’re YOUR lashes. I’m off to a destination wedding in November and yeah, I’m totally doing this.
- Organic/Vegan Spray Tan. Yes, this is a thing (which I obviously didn't know existed) and you already know that this option is going to give you a far healthier and more natural look, right? RIGHT. No UV radiation and no harm done to your skin. There are lots of places that use certified organic products, such as, cocoa, jojoba and grapeseed oil - you just gotta look for them! The tan can last up to 10 days, which is great for the big events…cough, cough, another thing I’ll be doing before that destination wedding.
There you go, 5 things I didn’t know anything about until I met these heaven-sent girls who have taken me under their wings and exposed me to a new and beauty-full world.